Il Presidente EBU (European BikeTrial Union) Libor Musil ci invia questo entusiastico resoconto della gara Svoltasi a Valderrobres, Spagna il 28 e 29 Aprile come prima prova della Coppa Europa 2012.
La manifestazione è stata un successo ed ha messo in luce le ottime capacità organizzative del Team spagnolo che ha lavorato alla realizzazione di questa manifestazione, 87 i Rider presenti e grande pubblico per una gara altamente tecnica e ben riuscita. Ottimo lavoro anche in vista del Campionato Mondiale BikeTrial 2012.
The first round of the European cup 2012 took place in Spain in a nice historical city Valderrobres in the dates of 28.-29. April.
The organizers prepared an open indoor event on Saturday for kids as well as for adult riders. It was a great show for the spectators inside the hall which was decorated by flags of the participant countries and the EBU flag. There were many prices for winners in all disciplines.
The rain on Saturday night made the sections for Sunday more difficult but the terrain dried off thanks to the sunshine on Sunday.
87 riders from 9 countries took part in the 1st round of EC. Results are at http://www.eurobiketrial.com/pdf/2012-04-29-Valderrobres-RESULTS.pdf
The event was very well organized:
- time schedule was fully followed, all riders were provided proper number plates for their bikes
- there was a hard working team of organizers, directory of the event was held by very experienced people ( WBC in 1992 in Valderrobres)
- 3 ambulances were available; traffic regulation was taken care of by civil guards
- there was a training zone for warming up, 8 plus 8 sections for kids and adult riders, 6 in natural and 2 in BikeTrial park, 2 observers in each section in yellow bibs, speaking English with fair judgment
- good quality of sections
- refreshments for riders near the sections area
- a lot of spectators
- start and final podium in a hall and very nice award ceremony with Mayor of the city. All riders got a medal, cups for winners, price money for Elite riders
- very friendly atmosphere for all participant and all foreign riders could compare their skills with the best Spanish and Catalan riders - country where BikeTrial was essentially born
- the philosophy of our sport was fulfilled- our international sport community friends coming together and enjoying themselves and also the BikeTrial founder Pere Pi visited our event which is always very nice.
Congratulations to all winners especially to the historically first international podium of the Danish team!
We would like to display a great compliment to all organizers in Valderrobres.
We are looking forward to the 2nd round in Denmark in Viborg. Danish organizers observed the Spanish event and they are going to prepare a competition of a very high quality (see Agenda at www.eurobiketrial.com).
BikeTrial - our sport forever!
On behalf of the EBU Committee, Libor Musil, EBU President.
Slavkov u Brna, 02/05/2012